Use rotisserie chicken to make this quick salad, which is loaded with nutrient dense carbohydrates, veggies and flavor.
Makes 4 servings
8-10 heaping cups mixed greens, romaine, or baby spinach
¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1 rotisserie chicken, meat removed and chopped
2 cups yams or sweet potatoes, chopped
1 1/3 cup corn*
1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
1 red pepper, chopped
1 avocado, sliced
¾ cup BBQ sauce
¼ cup balsamic vinaigrette
*Try grilling 2-3 cobs corn for extra flavor
RELATED: Roasted Chicken Made Easy
1. In a bowl, toss the rotisserie chicken with ½ cup of the BBQ sauce.
2. In another small bowl, whisk together the remaining ¼ cup BBQ sauce with the balsamic vinaigrette, and reserve this dressing.
3. Use a large platter, or four dinner plates/bowls to arrange the salad.
4. Toss the mixed greens and cilantro with a conservative amount of the dressing and place on the platter or plates/bowls.
5. Arrange the remaining ingredients on top...